Submarine Spottings – Maori Voter Bounty – Computer Geeks Rule – ACC Absurdity
- SUBMARINE SPOTTINGS: Prime Minister Helen Clark will be asking the Defence Force today why they issued “grossly incomplete and misleading” information about air force Orions detecting foreign submarines, in an apparent attempt to cast doubt on her credibility.
- MAORI VOTER BOUNTY: Maori organisations are to be paid up to $10.50 a head for signing up voters on the Maori electoral roll.
- COMPUTER GEEKS RULE: Kids who play computer games a lot may be highly intelligent and destined for success rather than introverted failures, a British Home Office report says.
- ACC ABSURDITY: An ACC appeal judgement ruled that an ACC instruction to a man who had trouble standing that he should become a fitness trainer was absurd.
Inside Political Headlines:
- No clear winner possible in Parliament’s war of attrition;
- PM confirms Hobbs back in Cabinet;
- Cabinet to decide on wood for beehive;
- Singapore platoon to join Kiwi force;
- Plan to plug school zone loopholes;
- Local body managers discuss regional taxes idea;
- NZ bonds with North Korea.
Editorial: Bad advice in good