Maximus Greatest – Air Points – Video Evidence
- MAXIMUS GREATEST: New Zealand born actor Russell Crowe won the best actor Oscar for his role as Maximus in the Roman epic Gladiator, which picked up five Oscars including best picture at the Hollywood Academy Awards yesterday.
- AIR POINTS: MPs are under pressure to scrap a “backdoor travel perk” that lets them use air points from taxpayer-funded trips to subsidise holidays after they retire.
- VIDEO EVIDENCE: A Hastings man accused of raping and murder Wellington woman Margaret Lynne Baxter after running her down was shown yesterday admitting throwing a tile at her head and breaking a knife as he stabbed her.
- PM seeks assurances from Samuels;
- PM’s office had seen report on submarines;
- ‘Cash for votes’ concerns dismissed;
- Lying criminals should be retired for serious offences – report;
- Press Council opposes polling ban move.
Editorial: Lets hit the right