Milosevic Arrested - Acc Premium Cuts - Hopoate Resigns - Meat Prices - Knox Wins
- MILOSEVIC ARRESTED: Former Yugoslav president Slobodan Milosevic, architect of a decade of Balkan wars, was taken to prison yesterday after a 26-hour armed standoff with police who arrested him to face corruption charges stemming from his ruinous role.
- ACC PREMIUM CUTS: ACC premium cuts effective from today for most workers will put an extra $69 a year in the pockets of people on the average wage of $34,500, according to the ACC.
- HOPOATE RESIGNS: Wests Tigers winger John Hopoate, disgraced for sticking his finger up the bums of opponents, announced his resignation from the club yesterday.
- MEAT PRICES: Lamb prices are the highest for nearly 30 years, and beef earnings are the fattest since 1992.
- KNOX WINS: Wellington writer Elizabeth Knox won the Tasmania Pacific Region prize for The Vintner’s Luck last night.
- Bunkle hoping for a swift shuffle back to the portfolio ranks;
- Bid to strip ministers of indemnity;
- Pig swill rules under review;
- Extra $8.47m means a lot to beneficiary;
- Changes to stop dodgy car sales;
- Museum pays $200,000 for paintings;
- Bunkle’s future clearer after meeting with Anderton.
Editorial: Kudos for Dr