Fraudulent Bond Scheme – Bunkle Bemoaning – No More Infomercials – US/China Standoff – Jane Clifton About The House
- FRAUDULENT BOND SCHEME: A Wanganui man is travelling around New Zealand inviting farmers to invest money in an American “gold-backed railroad bond” scheme that the Serious Fraud Office and the United States Treasury say is fraudulent.
BUNKLE BEMOANING: Spurned Alliance MP Phillida Bunkle is bemoaning her treatment as she begins an indefinite sentence in the Government back benches.
- NO MORE INFOMERCIALS: TV1 is phasing out infomercials.
- US/CHINA STANDOFF: The 24 crew of a US spy plane spent their third day in captivity on Chinese soil yesterday as the diplomatic standoff dragged on.
- JANE CLIFTON ABOUT THE HOUSE: To most parents, NCEA stands not for National Certificate in Educational Achievement buy for No-one Comprehends the Eternal Arithmetic.
- Clark ducking message – Hensley;
- Goff ‘optimistic’ after US talks;
- Broadcasting tax plans ditched;
- Staff can’t share in air points perk;
- Initial report found enrolment fault;
- Horse lets King down.
Editorial: Don’t gamble with defence.