US/Chinese Diplomatic Standoff – Trans-Tasman Bum Deal – HIV Positive Teacher admits Abuse – Patty Burton – Tiger To NZ
- US/CHINESE DIPLOMATIC STANDOFF: America is demanding the return of a crippled spy plane on Chinese land and China is demanding an apology, because they say the US plane deliberately rammed a Chinese fighter jet and violated Chinese air space. Tonight the chances of the plane or its crew going anywhere look slim. China says it may yet put the crew on trial for violating its airspace and killing one of their pilots. The Pentagon says the Chinese are clearly mining a bonanza of spy gear found on the plane that is used to monitor China. The Chinese say the US crew are under protective custody.
- TRANS-TASMAN BUM DEAL: A deal that has ended benefits for Kiwis living in Australia has been labelled a bum deal for New Zealand by Australian researchers.
- HIV POSITIVE TEACHER ADMITS ABUSE: An HIV infected teacher has admitted molesting boys from a Maori boarding school.
- PATTY BURTON: Queenstown farewelled Patty Burton, who was killed by her 20-year-old son, Mark, today.
- TIGER TO NZ: Bid to get Tiger Woods to play in
New Zealand goes on. A deadline to come up with the funds
has been extended until the middle of this month. Woods is
non-committal, but his Kiwi caddy is positive he will