Dairy Merger – Match Fixing – Superpower Standoff – Twin Separation
-DAIRY MERGER: The Government has given the green light to the formation of a giant single dairy company and sidestepped provisions of the Commerce Act.
- MATCH FIXING: Dumped Pakistan cricket coach Javed Miandad has backtracked on claims his team was involved in match-fixing during last month’s tumultuous tour of new Zealand.
- SUPERPOWER STANDOFF: A Chinese fighter pilot asked permission to shoot down a United States spy plane after seeing it collide with his comrade’s jet, it was reported yesterday.
- TWIN SEPARATION: A marathon operation to separate Nepalese twins joined at the head ran into a fourth day yesterday as teams of doctors worked round the clock to re-attach the many veins joining the girls’ brains.
- Rapped Robson falls into line
- Review deals with disagreement;
- Cabinet conditions welcomed by dairy farmer leader;
- King ready to face Gisborne women;
- PM’s promise to Vietnam veterans;
- MP’s muckraking costs taxpayers;
- Air force billed $12,000 for fire;
- Chinese general gets strong message about spy plane.
Editorial: Trappings of a cold