Defence Pay – Petrol Prices – Police Investigations – Labour Too Sexy
- DEFENCE PAY: Soldiers, sailors and air force staff will receive pay rises of up to $7300 a year as the Government tries to stem an exodus from the forces.
- PETROL PRICES: Petrol prices are on the way up but interest rates are almost certainly on the way down.
- POLICE INVESTIGATIONS: Police and the Police Complaints Authority will each investigate the death of a Lower Hutt man who collapsed while in custody on Saturday.
- LABOUR TOO SEXY: Steamy posters plastered around Wellington have put the Labour Party in hot water with the Internal Affairs Department.
Inside Political headlines:
- National coy on Hong Kong deal;
- Redundancy out, inducement in for chief executive;
- Watchdog hopes to take on new powers soon;
- MPs unaware how much trip costing;
- Bill planned to shift onus;
- Whales are nt to blame, people are, says Lee;
- Five-year-old cited as future killer.
Editorial: Lapses of