EVENING POST, NEWS MONITOR 19 04 01
Mallard denies Rankin plot - It's Act 25 for Circa - Firefighters reject contract offer, action likely - $1m for street upgrade - Interest rates trimmed - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Mallard denies Rankin plot: It was "absolutely incorrect" that plans to restructure social welfare were made secretly behind the responsible minister's back in a plot to get rid of Christine Rankin.
Its Act 25 for Circa: Roger Hall knew he was onto a good thing 25 years ago when his first play Glide Time premiered at Circa Theatre.
$1m for street upgrade: A $1m upgrade of Manners St between the Mall and Taranaki Street is planned to bring it up to the polished standard of Courtenay Pl.
Firefighters reject contract offer, action likely: Firefighters reject contract offer, action likely.: Fighterfighters have rejected an employment contract.
Interest rates trimmed: Interest rates were falling this morning after the Reserve Bank approved a widely expected rates cut.
- Ministers, chief sign loyalty deal;
- Rain on the way - but not enough;
- Hundreds farewell Sir Thaddeus;
- Shelly Bay house-trucker gets his marching orders;
- Defence pay hike in bid to keep specialist staff;
- Tricked and ashamed;
- Replace Ka Mate - expert;
- Census form Jedi exported through e-mail cyberspace;
- 'Bullying' BBC quiz show eyed by TVNZ
NZ short on class in three areas - Smith: NZ rugby is short on quality hookers, fullbacks and flyhalves, says All Black coach Wayne Smith.
Editorial: Air New Zealand loses altitude.