EVENING POST NEWS MONITOR, 20 04 01
Maharey in strife for dress comments - Cricket great dies - Dances with dogs - Strikes, stoppages at lowest since 1935 - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Maharey in strife for dress comments: Social Services Minister Steve Maharey is in trouble over claims he made inappropriate comments to Work and Income boss Christine Rankin.
Cricket great dies: Bert Sutcliffe, one of New Zealand's greatest cricketers as died aged 77 after a long illness.
Dances with dogs: The front page pic shows a dancing dog.
Strikes, stoppages at lowest since 1935: The number of strikes and work stoppages were at their lowest last year since 1935.
- Student Lisa pays fees with sex;
- Navy buzzing about prospect of new ships;
- Back in the saddle after 70 years;
- Firefighters in clouds, says National;
- More sex crimes in city;
- Clark's gaps ban falls on deaf ears;
- Drunk girls Creek's new worry;
- No-one to guide planes to capital
Canes buck Super 12 turnout trend: Only the Hurricane's fans bucked a trend of lower Super 12 crowds.
Editorial: Will Rankin puncture the Govt's balloon;
The spotlight's on Circa