Qantas Collapse – Antarctic Rescue – Qantas Bill – Internet Porn
- QANTAS COLLAPSE: Qantas Airways was poised to cross the ditch to compete with Air NZ for domestic air travel after the collapse of its franchise Qantas NZ, Deputy Prime Minister Jim Anderton said yesterday.
- ANTARCTIC RESCUE: Ideal weather is predicted for today’s air force rescue flight to Antarctica, to pick up a seriously ill American and three other sick McMurdo Station staff.
- QANTAS BILL: Wellington ratepayers could foot a third of the $750,000 bill Qantas NZ franchise holder Tasman Pacific owes Wellington International Airport.
- INTERNET PORN RING: An international network, including New Zealand, that offered about 20,000 pornographic images and videos of children and babies through the Internet, has been broken up, Spanish police say.
- Greens could learn a lesson from Alliance’s loss of identify;
- Prebble plays down claims about big-business donors;
- Parental leave funding is sensitive;
- Braybrooke to retire after 21-year career;
- Greens reject Anderton as deputy PM;
- Pacific islands support whale sanctuary plans;
- Figures right says Cullen.
Editorial: Hitting a duff