Community Card – Money Laundering – Virgin Blue – Transmission Gully
- COMMUNITY CARD: Health Minister Annette King and Social Services Minister Steve Maharey have been rapped over the knuckles by Prime Minister Helen Clark for their part in the Community Services Card debacle.
- MONEY LAUNDERING: A tip-off from the customs department and a telephone-tapping operation have led to the arrest of six men on charges of conspiring to launder cash looted from Kuwait by Iraqi troops during the Gulf War.
- VIRGIN BLUE: Budget airline Virgin Blue will touch down in Wellington on Sunday afternoon with its Australian chief executive Brett Godfrey on board for a meeting with Transport Minister mark Gosche on Monday.
- TRANSMISSION GULLY: It could still be a decade before the Transmission Gully road is completed, even if the $245 million needed is found tomorrow, Transport Minister Mark Gosche says.
- NZ Post rejected share float plan for bank;
- Australia disagrees with defence line;
- Prostitution a ‘cancer on society’;
- Pakehas treated as non-citizens – McCully.
Editorial: Springing the poverty