Fantasy Overdose – Virgin Blue – Speed Camera – Farmer Spiked – Space tourist – Parachuting Accident
- FANTASY OVERDOSE: An Auckland student is dead after what is believed to be the first fatal Fantasy overdose in New Zealand and Australia.
- VIRGIN BLUE: Virgin Blue is confident it can convince the Government to let it fly here and on the trans-Tasman routes before year’s end.
- SPEED CAMERA: The fixed speed camera at the Newlands Rd-Glover St slipway on the Ngauranga Gorge has been confirmed by the Police Infringement Bureau as the Wellington region’s busiest speed camera.
- FARMER SPIKED: A 76-year-old Canterbury farmer m was recovering in Timaru Hospital yesterday after spending the night impaled on a spike.
- SPACE TOURIST: Space tourist Dennis Tito has blasted off on a US$20 million joyride to the International space Station on a Russian rocket.
- PARACHUTING ACCIDENT: At least 10 people parachuted to safety, leaving one man tangled in the tail section of an aircraft as it crashed into a paddock in Australia yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Cards fiasco a public relations disaster for the Government;
- ‘Unfit pilots’ report slated as selective;
- National pressure for company tax cuts;
- Trade NZ expands in Canada;
- Aid money used for Pacific education ‘being misspent’;
- Boag’s one-vote win deals blow to Slater campaign;
- Hazardous substances law start welcomed.
Editorial: Will japan take the