No Fantasy – Air Competition – Engine Manufacture – Business Confidence – Dingo Attack – Cessna Heroics
- NO FANTASY: A 22 year old Auckland student died after taking ‘fantasy’, a legally available ‘party drug’. The Ministry of Health says it will classify drugs like ‘fantasy’ under the Misuse of Drugs Act. 14B,. or ‘fantasy’ is a CD cleaner that converts into GHB in the body.
- AIR COMPETITION: Qantas has announced cut price air fares between the three main centres in the past hour, as the cut price market heats up with the announcement of Freedom Air starting up and the discussions between Virgin Blue and Transport Minister Mark Gosche.
- ENGINE MANUFACTURE: Air NZ has finalised a joint venture with an American Engine maker that will create jobs in Christchurch.
- BUSINESS CONFIDENCE: Pressure is growing on the Reserve Bank for another big interest rate cut with a survey showing business confidence slipping further.
- DINGO ATTACK: A double dingo attack in Queensland has left a 9 year old dead and his seven year old brother injured.
- CESSNA HEROICS: A parachutist died
after being caught in the tail of the Cessna plane he jumped
from when his parachute opened early. But the pilot of the
plane is being hailed a hero, after keeping the plane
airborne long enough for the other 10 jumpers to bail out
and then jumped out himself just 150 metres above the