Virgin Blue – Dingo Attack – Fantasy Reclassification – Dash-8
- VIRGIN BLUE: The Government’s plan to use Virgin Blue’s plans to fly the Tasman as a potential lever to gain better access to Britain for Air New Zealand.
- DINGO ATTACK: Dingoes stalked and fatally mauled a 9-year-old boy and savaged his younger brother yesterday on Queensland’s Fraser Island, prompting a call for a cull of the native dogs.
- FANTASY RECLASSIFICATION: Medical authorities are moving quickly to reclassify several chemicals being used as recreational drugs after the weekend death of a student suspected of using Fantasy.
- DASH-8: The ground proximity warning of the Ansett Dash-8 that crashed near Palmerston North in June 1995 killing four people was heard in the High Court in Palmerston North yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- PM tips new scheme for health visits;
- Raist constable faces flak over perf application;
- Extra $206m on welfare questioned by National;
- Professors defend pilots’ health report;
- Events to mark May Day;
- Carter Holt rejects mediator’s counsel.
Editorial: Everyone loves a