Clark’s Settlement – Unemployment Falls – TVNZ Political Interference – Cannabis Ring – BoP Homicide Inquiry – Hit and Run – Rapist Search – Student Cheats
- CLARK’S SETTLEMENT: The Government has made an out of court settlement with a man over comments made by Helen Clark, where she called the man a convicted murderer when he has in fact been convicted of manslaughter. One News understands the settlement was for $55,000.
- UNEMPLOYMENT FALLS: Unemployment has fallen to its lowest level in nearly 13 years, but experts say that’s because more people are leaving the workforce to go into training, education or go overseas.
- TVNZ POLITICAL INTERFERENCE: The row over alleged political interference at TVNZ moved into Parliament today. The opposition has branded comments made by TVNZ chairman Ross Armstrong after the resignation of TVNZ news boss Paul Cutler political interference. TVNZ news staff want reassurance that there will be no interference in editorial content.
- CANNABIS RING: Wellington police say they have broken a cannabis ring after dawn raids on houses where they say cannabis has been grown and sold.
- BOP HOMICIDE INQUIRY: A homicide inquiry is underway in the Bay of Plenty after a badly decomposed body was found.
- HIT AND RUN: Lower Hutt Police have launched homicide inquiry after a woman was run over and killed at an intersection.
- RAPIST SEARCH: Wellington police have released an identikit picture of the man they are looking for in connection with a series of rapes in the capital.
STUDENT CHEATS: A group of Victoria University students are
under investigation for cheating after they handed in law
assignments with the same or similar