Inflation – Pliers Rescue – Vehicle Impounding – Air Points
- INFLATION: Reserve Bank Governor Don Brash says there is evidence supporting consumers who think high prices are hurting them more than inflation statistics show.
- PLIERS RESCUE: Police saved the life of Mongrel Mob member Paul Ashley Chadwick after they pulled a plastic bag he was choking on from his throat with some Leatherman multi-tool pliers, after a scuffle. Police will charge Mr Chadwick on assault and serious drug charges.
- VEHICLE IMPOUNDING: Police have confiscated 25,000 vehicles in the two years since vehicle impounding legislation was introduced.
- AIR POINTS: MPs have backed down on a plan that would have let them take holidays on air points saved up from official trips.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Gst move raises fears for tourism;
- Jane Clifton About The House: Prebble’s marae plan caps day of confusion;
- Yelash poisoned wife – Mallard;
- Judge’s secret session criticised;
- Music quiz MPs rewarded.
Editorial: Give sleaze the red light.