Whisper Jets – Waitara Shooting – Crete Re-enactment – IRD Cancels Cheque
- WHISPER JETS: Air NZ will fly the “whisper jets” previously used by Qantas NZ, and is offering to employ about 100 former Qantas staff.
- WAITARA SHOOTING: The police officer who fatally shot Waitara man Steven Wallace feared for his safety and wanted to give evidence to a coroner’s inquest by a video link from a secret location, a hearing in New Plymouth was told yesterday.
- CRETE RE-ENACTMENT: The 60th anniversary commemorations of the battle of Crete ended with a re-enactment of history’s first air invasion.
IRD CANCELS CHEQUE: The Inland Revenue Department cancelled a cheque for millions of dollars to a company caught by a backdated change, weeks before the Government announced it was amending the law.
Inside Political Headlines:
- No tax rise on alcohol in budget – Anderton;
- $12 million boost for tourism;
- Holidays review causes dispute;
- Maori opposition delays law change;
- Laking honoured;
- Cullen favours ruby red;
- Mad cow risk in vaccine worries MP.
Editorial: Open up the Family