Lashlie Vindicated – GST Refunds – Skyhawk Trouble – 767 Trouble – Dash-8 – Petrol Prices – Southland Search
- LASHLIE VINDICATED: Sacked Special Education Services Nelson Area Manager Celia Lashlie has been endorsed by the Government after a report found her dismissal wasn’t fair, and she has now been given a new job. She was sacked for breach of confidentiality after a speech was picked up by the media, where she spoke of an angelic blond boy, a composite of children she worked with. SES chairman Graham Lovelock has been sacked as a result of the Lashlie affair, as the Education Minister Trevor Mallard has lost confidence in him.
- GST REFUNDS: Several tour operators are threatening to sue IRD, after IRD cancelled cheques refunding GST after backdated GST changes.
- SKYHAWK TROUBLE: An airforce skyhawk on a training flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Christchurch today.
- 767 TROUBLE: An Air NZ 767 had to abort a flight as a fault showed up as the plane was taxiing out today, following a rash of 767 problems over the past few days. Another flight was cancelled as incorrectly secured seats were found.
- DASH-8: Ansett pilot Gary Sutheran has admitted for the first time that he contributed to the Dash-8 crash he was piloting, killing four people, at the High Court in Palmerston North today. Mr Sutheran has pleaded not guilty to manslaughter.
- PETROL PRICES: The latest round of petrol price changes have seen petrol prices drop by 5c, but diesel prices remain unchanged.
- SOUTHLAND SEARCH: Police
out searching for a missing three year old in freezing
Southland weather have just found the boy. Bad weather has
caused havoc in Southland and South