Air NZ Bid – Firefighters – Toxins – Taxpayer Vasectomies
- AIR NZ BID: The Government has indicated its door is open to talks about Qantas taking a stake in Air NZ, but warns there may be significant obstacles to the Australian bid.
- FIREFIGHTERS: New firefighters are being paid less on the front line than they get as trainees.
- TOXINS: Toxic chemicals including dioxins, PCBs and pesticides were found in the blood of everyone tested in an Environment Ministry study issued yesterday.
- TAXPAYER VASECTOMIES: Fifteen men were granted vasectomies paid for by the taxpayer in March, but most grants were for food.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Fraud office clears MP over allowance claims;
- Higher rates of suicide found in welfare children;
- Wide range of options for jailed students;
- Greens to be briefed on Hobbs TV breakup plan;
- Support disarmament Clark urges Media;
- Forces worry recruitment problems will worsen;
- Would-be Green MP challenged for party post.