Rankin Case – Qantas Buy-up – Wintry Weather – Helicopter Disaster
- RANKIN CASE: “I have a story to tell that I think most New Zealanders will be shocked and horrified by,” said dumped DWI CEO Christine Rankin after an employment Court hearing to decide whether her $818,000 case against the Government will be heard by court.
- QANTAS BUY-UP: Political opposition to a Qantas buy-up of Air NZ shares firmed yesterday, reducing the likelihood of approval for the deal.
- WINTRY WEATHER: Wintry temperatures will hang around for several days yet, but sunny weather is predicted for Queen’s Birthday weekend.
- HELICOPTER DISASTER: A helicopter shattered, killing three South Korean soldiers after it hit a sculpture it was installing on a bridge across the Han River in Seoul yesterday.
- Oil industry told to clean up its act;
- Cannabis use ‘higher here than in Jamaica’;
- Smokers cut consumption by 10pc after tax increase;
- Rough skies ahead;
- Parental leave: $100m bill;
- McClay wants minimum age of babysitters raised.
Editorial: Keep the Koru flying.