Phones On Planes – Truant Crackdown – Rankin Case – Gang Rapes – IRD Mess
- PHONES ON PLANES: Cell phones are being linked to at least two incidents in which aircraft made serious sudden uncontrolled movements.
- TRUANT CRACKDOWN: Parents of 21 alleged truants are o be prosecuted after a crackdown in Hastings.
- RANKIN CASE: Work and Income boss Christine Rankin will be fighting to get her job back later this month after winning the right yesterday to have her case heard in the Employment Court.
- GANG RAPES: Five men linked to New Plymouth’s Magog Motorcycle Club have been charged after allegations of a series of rapes spread over 13 years dating back to the late 1970s.
- IRD MESS: IRD says Christchurch tour operator Barry Doody has earned interest on money that the department refuses to pay him.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Groups fired up over smoking rules;
- Clark pushes ahead with medal plan;
- Rotorua Maori plan to reject lakes settlement;
- Battle over publication of papers to public;
- Rankin wins choice of court battleground;
- Allies ‘scathing’ about defence cuts;
- Goff tackles Chinese over prisoners in Tibetan jail;
- Gagging claim rejected.
vu with dodgy