Lahar Plan – Brain Exchange – Air NZ
- LAHAR PLAN: Conservation authorities have dropped a plan for a trench on Mt Ruapehu to prevent a massive mudslide expected as early as next year.
- BRAIN EXCHANGE: New Zealand has shared a “brain exchange” with the rest of the world in the past 40 years rather than suffered a “brain drain” a Treasury report says.
- AIR NZ: Air NZ is sitting on $1.85 million in profits thanks to options given to them last week despite the company heading for an estimated $200 million loss this year and being the subject of a takeover bid.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Changes to super fund ‘impractical’;
- Kiwi bank a step closer;
- Law change urged to fix problem over rates;
- Meridian Energy boosts state coffers by $100 million;
- Taxpayers pick up Anderton bill;
- Upton takes a crack at ‘timid’ National.
Editorial: Offenders should