Teenage Abortions – McVeigh’s Execution – Air NZ Fares -
- TEENAGE ABORTIONS: Seventy-five girls aged between 10 and 14 had abortions in New Zealand last year, with the increase in terminations among teenagers growing at double the rate of all abortions.
- MCVEIGH’S EXECUTION: Timothy McVeigh had a last meal of a litre of mint chocolate chip icecream, and entered the death chamber still believing he had won.
- AIR NZ FARES: Air NZ has reduced its low-price fares on provincial routes and between Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin.
INAPPROPRIATE RELATIONSHIP: A woman suspended as a state care-giver because of her relationship with a 15-year-old boy placed in her care has highlighted a hole in the law that makes it virtually impossible to charge women for indecent behaviour with boys aged between 12 and 16.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Formal beginning to super-close relationships;
- Lee pleads to keep private life private;
- New medals for NZ’s old soldiers;
- RSA opens fore on defence shakeup;
- Solo mums ‘less healthy’;
- PM celebrates in Cook Islands;
- Raukawa-Tait thinks about race for mayoralty;
- Poll gives Labour outright majority.
Editorial: Parents’ duty