Fund Loses – Belt Tightening – Our Word
FUND LOSES: The fund charged with investing the retirement savings of judges, MPs and other civil servants, lost $12.1 million playing the currency market last year in deals linked to a trader’s dismissal for serious misconduct.
BELT TIGHTENING: TVNZ staff have been told they must cut costs by $20 million to stay profitable under the new public broadcasting charter and potential splitting of the organisation.
OUR WORD: Massage therapists want the sex industry to keep its hands off the word “massage”.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Alliance to continue push for higher tax on rich;
- MP criticises payout to Mongrel Mob ‘scumbag’;
- Clark warns Cooks about NZ passports;
- King tells health board cheifs to shut up on policy;
- Anderton chides Jackson for criticising ministers;
- Peters wants super rewrite;
- $5000 bonus to lure Kiwi teachers.