Loan Scam – Sad Workers – Hanging Buddy – Barrymore Lover
LOAN SCAM: Nearly 2000 people have used about $5 million in student loans to buy computers for study at a private training institution in New Plymouth – but few finish the course.
SAD WORKERS: Scientists have found that sad workers are good workers.
HANGING BUDDY: Music aficionado Colin Morris was ready to lend his autographed photograph of Buddy Holly the new Opera House Espresso Bar which opens tonight, but it was deemed to valuable to hang in the café.
BARRYMORE’S LOVER: New Zealander Shaun Davis, a former lover of comedian Michael Barrymore, flew to England from New Zealand yesterday as the troubled gay British TV star faced a police investigation.
- Energy boss warns of electricity crisis;
- King stands firm on health board ‘gagging order’;
- Rankin full of praise for staff;
- IRD ready for claims on money;
- Goff wants ‘reasonable force’ better defined in smacking law;
- Mob member attack lands MP in trouble.
Editorial: Health gags unacceptable.