EVENING POST, NEWS MONITOR, 15 06 01
Lawyers pull plug on Tiger Country - Vamping up for an epic - Wife sees husband stabbed to death in home invasion - Crown compo ruling for Moriori slavery - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Lawyers pull plug on Tiger Country: He is Tiger, hear his lawyers roar - Vamping up for an epic: An ambitious $10 million revamp and expansion of Wellington's Embassy thatre will be partially complete in time for it to be the possible host of the New Zealand premiere of the Lord of The Rings in December.
Wife sees husband stabbed to death in home invasion: A Tauranga man was stabbed to death in front of his wife in the early hours of this morning after being attacked by a knife-wielding intruder.
Crown compo ruling for Moriori slavery: The Crown must pay compensation for its failure to protect Moriori from brutal enslavement imposed by two Taranaki iwi who invaded the Chatham Islands in 1835, the Waitangi Tribunal has ruled.
- Smoking plans will increase risks - expert;
- Appeal lodged over supermall ruling;
- Mature Kapiti drivers appreciate helpful guides;
- We -exist - Moriori celebrate finding;
- District councillor faces rape charges;
- Firefighters' contract deal close - unions gives support;
- Farm scare ends, but dollar down;
- Art awards captivate young;
- Uranium risk 'negligible;
- Designer bres up NY contest;
- Police trainer faces challenge;
- Nitschke visit worries Christian party
Sports lead: Pack muscling up: Despite the loss of their biggest forward for up to four weeks, the All Black pack are showing signs of turning themselves into a worthwhile unit this season, says forward coach Tony Gilbert.
Editorial: No place for ideals in business realities;
Wanted: Political courage