Merger Okayed – Govt Approves – Peters’ Super Plan
MERGER OKAYED: Dairy farmers have voted to create New Zealand’s biggest company to take on the world’s top food corporates.
GOVT APPROVES: Farmer approval of the dairy mega merger was welcomed by the Government, which plans to introduce legislation today allowing it to proceed.
PETERS’ SUPER PLAN: IRD will have to retain individual New Zealander’s tax details indefinitely on the off chance that NZ First Leader Winston Peters’ individual super fund accounts might one day be put into place.
Inside Political headlines:
- Rule change on Air NZ ownership unlikely;
- Former Lee secretary takes grievance case;
- Move for sex offence laws to include women;
- Instant fines for food smugglers;
- Study targets Maori gamblers;
- Clark steers clear of dispute;
- Wellington not giving way to Auckland roads – Transit;
- Building appointments.