Stabbing – Flax-fur Fibre – Border Fines – Post Squabble
STABBING: Horrified flatmates saw a young couple stabbed to death in their suburban Wellington kitchen early yesterday.
FLAX-FUR FIBRE: A unique New Zealand fabric – a weave of possum fur and flax fibre – is being developed with the aim of creating a New Zealand wide Maori cottage industry.
BORDER FINES: The Government has reaped almost $40,000 in the first week of a scheme that slaps a $200 instant fine on anybody bringing prohibited foods and plants into New Zealand.
POST SQUABBLE: A squabble between board members at NZ Post needed to be resolved in-house, State Owned Enterprises Minister Mark Burton said yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- The deputy head swishes his cane before next term;
- Irregularities being dealt with – NZ Post;
- Four legged friend gets church funeral;
- Border to close soy sauce imports;
- Gosche supports proposal to change give-way road rule;
- NZ will not be offering home to Bulger killers, says Goff.
Editorial: National’s sorry