Rankin’s Legs – PM’s Evidence – TVNZ Charter
RANKIN’S LEGS: Work and Income Department boss Christine Rankin was told her short skirts left a visiting foreign dignitary unable to do his job because he “couldn’t see past her legs”, the Employment Court was told yesterday.
PM’S EVIDENCE: Prime Minister Helen Clark is refusing to waive legal protection by voluntarily giving evidence in Christine Rankin’s Employment Court case.
TVNZ CHARTER: Coronation Street and American dramas such as the West Wing have the thumbs up from Broadcasting Minister Marion Hobbs under the new direction expected of TVNZ as a Crown-owned company.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Mallard moves on health payouts;
- Maori TV trust upset at delays;
- Justice will be done in death of Kiwi – India;
- PM to raise East Timor issues;
- Greens call for state-owned rail;
- Unlikely allies join forces in fight against rising rates;
- DOC cuts hut maintenance.
Editorial: A medical