Fiji Murders – Wainuiomata Fires – Chapel Fire – Lotto Prize
FIJI MURDERS: Fijian police are talking to a New Zealand man after another New Zealander and his partner, Red Cross Fiji director John Scott, were hacked to death in Suva yesterday.
WAINUIOMATA FIRES: A man is helping police with inquiries after two houses were set alight in Wainuiomata yesterday.
CHAPEL FIRE: A fire that destroyed an historic chapel and convent at the weekend is a wakeup fall for groups looking after New Zealand’s historic buildings, the Napier Fire Service says.
LOTTO PRIZE: A Whangarei suburb is “buzzing” after the ticket that won Lotto’s biggest prize, worth $8.2 million, was sold there at the weekend.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Ministers ponder how to keep the koru in international skies;
- Maharey defends $10m grants;
- Scientist at odds over orange roughy plan;
- Rankin case to resume;
- College fee freeze agreement surprises;
- Probation officers return.
Editorial: Orange roughy care