Christine Rankin – Baby Killer – Enza Losses – Lotto Winner – Post Board
CHRISTINE RANKIN: Social Services Minister Steve Maharey conceded yesterday that he may have sworn at Christine Rankin but denied ever having set out to destroy her.
BABY KILLER: Heather Ross, the babysitter who killed two children she was minding, is being freed from prison today.
ENZA LOSSES: Agriculture Minister Jim Sutton says the $700 million apple export industry is in a “very serious” situation but it is too early to call a ministerial inquiry into former producer board Enza’s past losses.
LOTTO WINNER: The winner of the weekend’s $8.2 million Lotto Powerball, the biggest Lotto prize ever in New Zealand, has comer forward.
POST BOARD: NZ Post board members were last night understood to be working on a solution to the row that has plunged the board into crisis and put their jobs on the line.
- Violence one of New Zealand’s worst problems says report;
- Staff to give Rankin a sendoff;
- Winteringham may have tough time in Parliament;
- Maternity carers urge ministry to drop plans;
- Meeting to tackle growing problem of air rage;
- Government tender rules.
Editorial: Time to sell NZ