EVENING POST NEWS MONITOR, 04 07 01
DRESS style 'indecent offensive' - Icy snap causes mayhem - Crane falls, blocks road, misses cars - Nervy TV bosses pull comedy - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Dress style 'indecent offensive': The man who allegedly said Christine Rankin's earrings were a "sexual come-on" today admitted criticising her "indecent" and "offensive" dress in a private conversation he had wanted kept confidential.
Icy snap causes mayhem: Wellington region again woke to bone chilling temperatures today, 24 hours after record lows.
Crane falls, blocks road, misses cars: It was amazing that a crane that toppled on to one of Wellington's busiest streets yesterday didn't kill anyone or squash cars, stunned bystanders said today.
Nervy TV bosses pull comedy: TV2's new rude and crude, Back Of The Y Masterpiece Television, has been pulled at the 11th hour because TVNZ bosses wanted to see what they were in for.
- Gaming profits take a tumble;
- Kenepuru cuts threat fails to draw crowd;
- Dress style indecent, says Prebble;
- Good faith bargaining test case;
- Board jobs at NZ Post safe for now;
- Ice, ugly knees chill Rankin Day demo;
- Staff briefed On Air Force cutbacks;
- Rodents run riot in Wellington bush;
- NZ captain's court martial likely to be held in Europe;
- Blood in missing man's car is human - police
Thumbs up for forwards: New Zealand has got the forwards but Australia will have an advantage out wide when the two meet in Wellington next week, say former Kiwis Dean Lonergan and Brent Todd.
Editorial: Bigger trucks plan reopens old debate;
Let's make a capital brew