Rankin’s Breasts – Corrections Appeal – Apple Arbitration
RANKIN’S BREASTS: Christine Rankin cried yesterday after the Head of the Prime Minister’s Department Mark Prebble graphically described how she had shown too much breast and called her outfit “indecent and offensive.”
CORRECTIONS APPEAL: The Corrections Department is considering appealing against a High Court decision that freed a convicted rapist whom the department believes will again commit a crime of sexual violence.
APPLE ARBITRATION: Arbitration between apple growers and exporter Enza is shaping up as the most likely route out of the $700 million industry’s crisis, but Enza could also find itself on the wrong side of regulations next week.
- Bullets ‘go with the territory’;
- Lotteries will stay publicly owned Cabinet decides;
- Mega-merger picks its million-dollar man;
- Career diplomat gets Tonga post;
- Air force staff cuts clearer;
- Views sought from sight-impaired;
- New police board set up.
Editorial: Justice for