Brian Curtis – Health Shortfall – Farming Bonanza – Michael Winteringham – Dangly Earrings
BRIAN CURTIS: Drug lord Brian James Curtis, who escaped from Paremoremo Prison in 1983, is being extradited to New Zealand after being found living under an assumed name in the Philippines.
HEALTH SHORTFALL: Health Boards and the Health Ministry are haggling over who should pay for an unexpected shortfall of more than $42 million projected to stem from health restructuring.
FARMING BONANZA: The farming bonanza continues, with beef and lamb farmers lifting the average farm profit by nearly $90,000.
MICHAEL WINTERINGHAM: State Services Commissioner Michael Winteringham made his peace with Opposition MPs yesterday, assuring them that he would answer direct questions truthfully.
DANGLY EARRINGS: Working women are being called on to wear Christine Rankin style dangly earrings and short skirts today to protest sexism in the workplace.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Opposition MPs call for Mark Prebble’s head;
- Terralink demise blamed on buyout;
- Pokies on the rise – Hawkins concerned;
- Defamation suits raise questions about privilege;
- Blake appointed UN special envoy;
- Tax haven sanctions ‘no answer’;
- Group set up to look at court fees;
- Island set to milk the power of coconuts;
- Computer students cut;
- MPs’ allowances pass scrutiny.
Editorial: Xena battles the