Horomia’s House – Prebble Sexist – Basketballer Dies – Christine Rankin
HOROMIA’S HOUSE: Maori Affairs Minister Parekura Horomia has been told by Prime Minister Helen Clark to make a Tologa Bay house that he administers fit for human habitation.
PREBBLE SEXIST: Mark Prebble, the head of the Prime Minister’s Department and Cabinet, was part of a “sexist culture” at the Treasury that caused women to quit at almost twice the rate of men, a former Treasury manager said yesterday.
BASKETBALLER DIES: American basketballer Kendall Regis, 22, collapsed and died in New Plymouth yesterday after going for a jog.
CHRISTINE RANKIN: Prime Minister Helen Clark – unlike Christine Rankin – listened to criticism about her appearance, changed it, and became a more engaging person, Associate Minister Ruth Dyson said yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Goff orders review on effects of lower drinking age;
- Former MP wants Maori seats axed;
- Clark repeats her republic forecast;
- Police numbers drop as crime rises;
- Gun owners upset by Alpers appointment;
- Thailand reviews visa-free rights;
- Canada’s milk policy unlikely to change despite ruling;
- No action on Peters allegation.
Editorial: Curb the killer