Lundy Murders – Sex Toys – 3kg Tumour – Tiger
LUNDY MURDERS: A woman who described seeing a fear stricken big man in a curly blonde wig running near the scene of the brutal deaths of Christine and Amber Lundy told the lawyer acting for murder-accused Mark Lundy that she had psychic powers.
SEX TOYS: Wellington Mayor Mark Blumsky won’t go near the Mermaid strip bar but has no such qualms about attending the opening of D.VICE, the capital’s newest sex shop.
3KG TUMOUR: Eighteen months after 11-year-old Neida Simeona became ill, surgeons operating on her swollen stomach expecting to find a ruptured appendix found a three kilogram tumour on her right ovary.
TIGER RENTALS: Hundreds of homeowners are hoping to cash in on plans for golf star Tiger Woods to play at Paraparaumu Beach in January by renting out their homes for up to $2500 a night.
Inside Political Headlines:
- National ‘hit squad’ seeks to knock out super plan;
- Auditor general report damning, says Prebble;
- NZ hopes of carbon credits from forests looking unlikely;
- Overseas aid decision too selfish, says Robson;
- Family happy for next ship to carry the Upham name;
- Cullen backsNZ Post strategy talks.
Editorial: Mollycoddling drug