EVENING POST NEWS MONITOR, 24 07 01
CATWALK capital - Holy cow! thieves milk pricy powder - Airport seeks rescue wharf - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Catwalk capital: Move over Versace - it's time to showcase Wellington's fashion designers.
Holy cow! thieves milk pricy powder: Forget about cattle rustling. With commodity prices in the diary industry soaring to record highs, criminals are now targetting the country's supply of milk powder.
Airport seeks rescure wharf: Wellington international airport is asking the city council to build a wharf at Island Bay to improve rescue attempts if a plane crashes.
- No magic wand - Minister;
- PM congratulatea Indonesian leader;
- Kapiti water supply safe says councillor;
- Air Force winds down its Aermacchi flights;
- Hotel's five-star hand beats royal routine;
- Loss-making NZSO tips more profits, more shows, sales;
- Goff wary of teen life sentences;
- Cause of bus crash unknown;
- Serial robber sent to jail;
- Moore ruled out for Wellington post;
- More money at stake Risk
Rennie backs off a fight: Wellington Lions coach Dave Rennie today pledged to take a sympathetic line to avoid a club versus representative rugby crisis.
Editorial: Indonesia: Peril on uncertain ground