MPs’ Perks - Maori TV – Shark Patting – Black Caps Stay
MPS’ PERKS: Members of Parliament have escaped paying taxes on perks worth tens of thousands of dollars a year, a report issued yesterday suggests.
MAORI TV: The Government narrowly avoided being taken to the Privy Council with its long-awaited announcement yesterday of $55 million for a new Maori television service.
SHARK PATTING: Australian tourism authorities may change laws “to protect people too stupid to protect themselves” after sightseers clambered on a floating dead whale and patted great white sharks eating the carcass.
BLACK CAPS STAY: The New Zealand cricket team has pledged to continue playing the tri-series one-day tournament in Sri Lanka, satisfied that players are safe despite renewed rebel activity in Colombo yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Moratorium on funding private training;
- Super too low says NZ Fgirst;
- MPs don’t know how to solve loan mess;
- Jane Clifton About The House: Jenny puts on a charity act;
- Prison proposal raises questions;
- Boag attends caucus for first meeting with Nat MPs.
Blind leading the dpb