Off Energy – MPs’ Perks – Keith Murdoch – Jailbird Pie
OFF ENERGY: New Zealand’s biggest electricity retailer, On Energy, announced it was getting out of the electricity retail business yesterday.
MPS’ PERKS: The Auditor General’s report on parliamentary perks has raised questions about the tax status of hundreds of thousands of dollars paid to MPs each year in the form of allowances.
KEITH MURDOCH: Disgraced former All Black Keith Murdoch denied yesterday that he had a motive to take a 20-year-old man to an abandoned mine where he was later found dead.
JAILBIRD PIE: Central North Island jail Waikeria Prison has entered four of the eight categories in a national pie competition run by an Auckland bakery, with a top overall prize of $5000.
- Foresters slate carbon trading deal;
- Baby on board in Parliament building;
- Horomia defends Maori channel;
- No show by Labour MPs at paid parental leave rally;
- Army runs vehicles into the ground says report;
- Prison negotiation called appropriate;
- Murder trial jury stays out another night;