GM Commission – GM Commissioner – Duff
GM COMMISSION: A Royal Commission of inquiry has given the cautious go-ahead to genetic modification, casting a shadow over the relationship between the Government and its parliamentary supporter, the Greens.
GM COMMISSIONER: Retired Chief Justice Sir Thomas Eichelbaum says he approached the 15-month, $6 million inquiry into genetic engineering like any other case from his time on the bench.
DUFF CONTROVERSY: : Best Selling writer Alan Duff tried to assist with an out-of-court settlement, possibly involving money, if a 16-year-old girl dropped charges that his friend, sculptor Para Matchitt, had sexually violated her, the girl’s mother claimed yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- NZ troops shoot Indonesian soldier;
- Dimming the house lights at a cost;
- Review of airline ownership restriction;
- Tizard threatens to abolish Auckland body;
- Cervical screening abnormality rate queried.
Editorial: One rule