Air NZ – Jury Verdicts – Fight Bites – Economic Integration – Tallahassee Rape
AIR NZ: Australian Deputy PM John Anderson met ministers in Wellington yesterday to push a deal that would increase the Qantas holding in Air New Zealand.
JURY VERDICTS: The Government is expected to announce tomorrow that it will break with centuries of tradition and adopt 11-1 majority jury verdicts.
FIGHT BITES: A punch in the teeth can cause major trauma to the perpetrator, a study of human “fight bites” shows.
ECONOMIC INTEGRATION: Former Australian PM Paul Keating called last night on New Zealand to integrate its economy and financial markets with Australia’s.
TALLAHASSEE RAPE: DNA evidence has linked a man to an attack on a New Zealand tourist who was raped and left for dead in Tallahassee two decades ago.
- TVNZ vows it will press ahead with digital plans;
- Course moves anger students;
- Jane Clifton: Desirability of having a clear vision;
- TVNZ left dad in the water, says McCully;
- MPs furious as Burton leaves;
- Police Association backs Commissioner’s stand.
Editorial: Action must follow