Theresa Cormack – Wellington Tourism – Fire Engine – Car Tragedy
THERESA CORMACK: Police investigating the 1987 murder of Napier schoolgirl Theresa Cormack believe they could be just weeks away from identifying her killer, after a DNA tests on hair found on her body provided a genetic profile that police are confident will lead to an arrest.
WELLINGTON TOURISM: Totally Wellington’s chairman and three board members were bowing out of the organisation, Wellington Mayor Mark Blumsky said last night.
FIRE ENGINE: Firefighters battling a suspicious house fire in Napier on Saturday night were hampered when a fire engine containing their main water pump caught fire.
CAR TRAGEDY: Vicky Connor, the mother of teenager Hayley Morris, one of two 14-year-olds killed in a car crash near Tapanui yesterday, spoke to the media in the hope that other teenagers would learn how easily a brief moment of fun could turn to tragedy.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Aussie’s deputy prime minister gets in behind Qantas;
- Shipley wants Singapore in Air NZ deal;
- MPs disagree over use of generators;
- Port power capacity denied to national grid;
- Incentives sought to encourage savings;
- Rugby bosses to see Anderton over sports on TV;
- NZ’s first ambassador to North Korea named.
the file on