Power Blackouts – Treasury Leak – Heather Tonkin
POWER BLACKOUTS: Electricity blackouts are still on the cards if a big power station in the North Island broke down and consumers failed to meet power-saving targets, Energy Minister Pete Hodgson said yesterday.
TREASURY LEAK: Prime Minister Helen Clark pointed the finger at the Treasury’s tiny but influential Crown Company Monitoring Advisory Unit yesterday as the source of “People’s Bank” and Television New Zealand leaks.
HEATHER TONKIN: What was shaping up as a long and costly court case over a fairly minor matter came to nothing yesterday when police abruptly withdrew a charge against Heather Tonkin, the Auckland woman who had a love child by Mark Phillips while he was married to Princess Anne.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Time running out for action against US lamb tariffs;
- Intern hopes to work for ‘other’ Clinton;
- Power bosses criticised for poor social attitude;
- Tripled power bill shocks businessman;
- Clark: I have no opinion on Air NZ sale;
- Special ERO criteria for immersion schools;
- Labour support rising, poll shows;
- Troops on standby at some prisons.
Editorial: Muzzling the Pacific