Police Guard – Defence Control – Dairy Group Named
POLICE GUARD: Death threats have forced police to put guards at the homes of Auckland officers who complained about the actions of former human rights commissioner Ella Henry.
DEFENCE CONTROL: Senior army officers began a move four years ago to “battle for control” of defence – including a move to sway influential politicians.
DAIRY GROUP NAMED: The big cheese of New Zealand business, the dairy mega company GlobalCo, is to be called Fonterra Co-operative Group – a play on Latin that language experts say could have Europeans wondering how clued up we are down under.
- Boag tells MPs jobs are on the line;
- Cannabis education called for;
- Days of cheap power fading, firms told;
- Clark rules out stake in Air NZ;
- Parental pay unresolved;
- MP accused of misusing mail;
- Aid does not help Mugabe, says PM;
- Deadline for verdict on GM research extended.