Air NZ – Bolger’s Bank – Woods In Paraparaumu – Kimberley Closes – Boat People
AIR NZ: A decision on the future of Air NZ ha slipped back because of concern over the viability of the rescue package being put together for the airline.
BOLGER’S BANK: The Government has blunted Opposition attacks on the “People’s Bank” by approving former Prime Minister Jim Bolger’s appointment as bank chairman.
WOODS IN PARAPARAUMU: Wellington businessman Jack Matthews is 126 sleepless nights from teeing off with world golfing No 1 Tiger Woods in the New Zealand Open pro-am at Paraparaumu Beach on January 9.
KIMBERLEY CLOSES: Levin’s Kimberley Centre for the intellectually handicapped is to close, and its 400 residents are to be moved to homes throughout New Zealand.
BOAT PEOPLE: Nauru may put its contingent of Afghan boat people to work building a swimming pool and planting trees.
- Bashings up, but crime down;
- Strategy to reduce rising violence;
- Bill for MPs’ taxis sparks call for cap;
- Top cops fear ‘private army’;
- ‘People’s Bank’ can’t stand alone, says Bolger;
- $500,000 homes let for income-related rentals;
- Mana Motuhake signs deal.
Editorial: The mad can be guilty