1. NATO Troops are extremely keen to enter Kosovo following the Security Council. General Jackson is tight lipped on when troops will enter the Kosovo province. Yugoslavian troops have 11 days to leave. Serbs and KLA have been warned to stick to a ceasefire. Nato wants to be hot on the Yugoslavian troops heels.
2. Minister Roger Sowry says a proposal to double the number of Maori seats from Labour's Tariana Turia is undemocratic and stupid and will give Maori too much influence.
3. Independent MP Alamein Kopu's party Mana Wahine is holding a hui this weekend near Whanganui preparing for the election.
4. Major airline deal effecting NZ has been called off. Newscorp has called off the sale of 50% of Ansett Australia until a dispute between Air New Zealand and Singapore Airlines is sorted out.
5. New questionmark over Britomart development in Auckland Tranzrail is being asked to contribute millions to a tunnel project involved with the project.
6. About 100 police cars are among the Falcon's being recalled due to a fault. The fault is not believed to be a serious safety concern