1. Several Serb soldiers have been shot dead as Nato troops move into Kosovo. Jubilation is the main reaction of the Kosovo population. Cheers as German troops arrive.
2. Russian troops continue to hold Pristina airport in a move Nato commanders describe as bizarre.
3. Russian and US Presidents agree to discuss Kosovo peace keeping duties intensively.
4. 8 hour pilot strike begins this morning disrupting Air New Zealand flights. Dispute over conditions.
5. Official papers released under OIA show the government was advised not to introduce the Home Invasion Bill.
6. Crown due to open Scott Watson murder trial - Watson is accused of murdering Olivia Hope and Ben Smart - in Wellington this morning. Jury was selected on Thursday last week. Case is expected to last 3 months with 500 witnesses. The trial will visit the sounds.
7. Police admit they never expected to recapture convicted murderer Michael Bullock who has been on the run for six years after escaping Paremoremo Prison. Bullock was found by a detective who recognised him in a bar in Wellington on Saturday morning.
8. Solomon Islands Guadacanal islands militants have killed two and injured two more. Ministry of Foreign Affairs has released a travel advisory against NZers visiting Guadacanal.
9. Far North tribes will soon be able to begin negotiating a settlement of their Treaty claim. A joint working party has been set up by rival Muriwhenua groups. The claim is estimated to be worth around $150 million.
10. Australia has won the last place in the
World Cup cricket semi-finals after beating South Africa's
272 run total in the final over. NZ will play Pakistan and
Australia will face South Africa in the semi finals later