NZQA: Claims that former Qualifications Authority CEO Doulglas Blackmur received a six-figure golden hand-shake and spent $46,000 on 15 overseas trips have left the Government to order a wide-ranging investigation.
SCOTT WATSON TRIAL: The front page photo story shows a picture of a witness in the Scott Watson trial who says Watson staggered into her tent. An accompanying story reports that murder accused Scott Watson believed Furneaux Lodge was "where you get the babes" on New Years Eve, a witness told the High Court.
Also on the front page:
- FAST FERRY: a report that one fast ferry will be left plying Cook Strait after Tranz Rail confirmed yesterday that the owners of its fast ferry, Condor 10, were taking the ship back for another charter in three weeks' time.
- BOAT BILL: a report that Parliament passed legislation yesterday allowing immigration authorities to indefinitely detain a boatload of Chinese immigrants that might be headed for New Zealand;
- PETONE SHOOTING: a report that a policeman was shot at from close range when he stopped a car in Petone last night.
- LAMB: Trade case likely if lamb tariff
- TV: TV Show "Greenstone" disgusts Tau Henare
- CASINO: Casino poll bill thrown out
- WTO: Moore hopes for WTO vote turnaround
- ASSET SALES: Kiwis back asset sales says Bill English