TV1 6pm News
1. DIET PILL SCARE - Thousands of New Zealanders are caught up in a health scare about two diet drugs that were withdrawn from the market two years ago. There is a fear they may have caused heart problems in those who used them for more than a few months
2. FREE TRADE DEBATE - The Government's commitment to free trade is under attack tonight from the Auckland Chamber of Commerce head. He says the Government has gone to far and their should be a return to the middle of the road. The criticism comes as NZ farmers face tariffs being placed on lamb in the USA.
3. KOSOVO - Waves of refugees are moving in an out of Kosovo tonight. Serbs leave Albanians return.
4. KOSOVO Kosovo has become the most dangerous place on earth for landmines.
5. KOSOVO - Russia asks questions about the KLA - Serb withdrawal on schedule - More horror stories of massacres and ethnic cleansing.
6. FIRE DANGER - Another warning about the dangers of kids, cars and fires after a three-year old girl died and a toddler was badly burned after playing with matches in a car.
7. SLIP - A huge slip blocked Highway one North of Wellington, there was no alternative route for heavy traffic who were stuck there for most of the day.
8. WORLD CUP - New Zealand lost to Pakistan in the
Cricket World Cup Semi Final amidst jubilant throngs of