HAWKESBY: The Evening Post leads tonight with a report that Prime Minister Jenny Shipley turned on the State-owned media today after being forced to apologise for alleging former TVNZ newsreader John Hawkesby received a $1 million golden handshake.
HOUSE CRASH: The front-page photo shows a runaway truck crashed into the side of a Brooklyn house;
Also on the front page:
- TEENAGERS: a report that some of Wellington's teenage drinkers are prime candidates for suicide coroner Garry Evens says;
- CARETAKER ARRESTED: a report that a Wellington High School tractor has been impounded and the caretaker arrested and charged with disqualified driving;
- RUGBY TEST: a preview report for this weekend's rugby international at Athletic Park quoting the French Coach saying "nothing is impossible";
- SCOTT WATSON TRIAL: a report that a screaming noise or a fight woke one man on a boat near Furneaux Lodge about 4am on January 1, 1998 - the day Olivia Hope and Ben Smart disappeared.
WELLINGTON CENTRAL: Phillida Bunkle will not bow to Labour
overtures concerning the Wellington Central seat;
- IRD CHAIRS: A report that the IRD spent $183,000 on Herman Miller chairs.
KOSOVO: The editorial argues that we must look evil in the eye now we know what has happened in Kosovo.